Wednesday, February 17, 2010

plans change

Finally did another block for my A Tisket, A Tasket, 12 Months of Baskets quilt. There are so many beautiful quilts being finished now; it's so inspiring! Check them out over at Flickr. I really want to get this one done too.

I wasn't going to start the Snowbound quilt-along until I'd finished up the TAT one, but I couldn't resist working on this cute snowman block. So here is my first one. I actually first did it in varigated blue floss in stem stitch but I wasn't happy with it; think I need to work on my embroidery some more before doing a whole quilt in bluework or redwork. So I did it in applique, using up scraps mostly from my Moda Crazy Eight charms. Now I'm working on the next one.

And think I've decided against doing the p.s. i quilt pinwheel quilt-along. Have started another pattern using my Aviary fabrics. I haven't posted much lately as I've had some experimenting to do with this as I'm not following a pattern. It's going to be for my daughter's bed, but more on that later as I get more done on it.
Also, won't be doing my local quilt shops' quilt-along b/c they went out of business :( I was really looking forward to that too.
But my dd's 2nd birthday is coming up so I've got to get busy finishing up some things for her. Never a lack of projects, that's for sure!
Happy stitching, everyone!



No comments: