Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thread Head QAL - block 1 & 2


Thread Head QAL - block 1
Originally uploaded by JasonsMum
So I've started in on Joanne's awesome quilt-along. I'm going to be using my jelly roll of Tradition where ever possible along with some other Howard Marcus FQ's that I have and various charms. Think a run to the LQS is in order though this weekend, to pick up the fabrics for the alternating blocks.
We're to do two of each block so I'm going to vary the second one I do of each, just a tad. In the first, I made a scrappy 9-patch so I could use up some scraps.
In block 2, I just changed the outer points to another fabric to give a different affect.
Thread Head QAL - block 2

Now back to sewing...feeling like I'm swamped in QAL's right now but it sure helps to keep ya motivated when you don't know anyone IRL who quilts!
Thanks for dropping by. ♥

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I really like how you are tweaking each one - great idea!

Deanna said...

Your blocks look very good. I really like the same-but-different effect. Hoping for a great sewing weekend so I can get done/caught up enough to start another project in good conscience.