The first task: Clean up a pile.
Well I had lots of those so I've been working on this for a few days now.
So what I did:
- removed unit that had got stuck in front of my hanging fabrics and bins (it now has toys in it in the family room)
- removed hanging fabrics and folded and placed into unit on back wall
- removed yarn bags from up high on shelves and put bins of sewing notions
- cleared out Christmas things
- placed old sewing machine table beside my current one that will fold out for pressing purposes
-yellow desk will soon hold sewing notions instead of kid's crafts, paper, etc.
Behind my desk is another unit that just needed dusting and clearing off a bit. Like Shelly, I have a helper too! That basket used to hold my current sewing project, but not anymore. It's been taken over!
Then there is my cutting area...lots and lots of bins!
What I did:
-removed desk and put the bins by the staircase
- made table smaller
- put yarns in wooden unit
- though you can't see it, behind a stack of bins is a built in shelving unit that I took everything out of and reorganized it
- moved bins about so I can get around the sewing table better
I know it looks cluttered, but this is only temporary. My dear hubby is working on a new sewing room for me so hopefully one day, all these bins will be behind closet doors. He's just framing the room now though so it will be awhile yet. For now though, I think I can work again in this area. It had been so crazy, that I just didn't feel like sewing much. So this will be a great way to go into the New Year!
So I think I did my share of cleaning up piles. Now onto the next challenge...