Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Final Countdown ~ last task

The final task Shelly has given us to do for the Final Countdown is to:

Make a list of 12 projects.

Her thoughts to do 12, is so that one project could be done each month, so that by the end of the year, we've got 12 UFO's (unfinished objects) completed.
A number of mine are mini quilts for the wall or doll size for my daughter. They should not take long to finish, so I'll list a few more in the hopes I can do two projects in one month sometimes...well one can hope, anyways!

Here are my easy ones:
Scrappy Pooh Bear baby quilt ~ needs to be sandwiched, quilted and bound.
Mod Sampler quilt ~ twin size quilt that is so close to being finished. just needs binding.
Pink scrappy log cabin quilt ~ needs to be sandwiched, quilted and bound.

Here are the mini ones:
Pink D9P ~ need to quilt and bind.
Square block mini ~ need to sandwich, quilt and bind.
Blue star mini ~ need to sandwich, quilt and bind.
Blues and browns mini ~ need to sandwich, quilt and bind.
Pink doll quilt ~ need to sandwich, quilt and bind.

Large quilts that will take some time:
Dresden plate quilt ~ need to applique blocks, piece, etc.
Oh, so bright quilt ~ made years ago. still need to finish borders, sandwich, etc.
TAT quilt ~ need to finish 3 blocks, piece together, etc.
Scrappy Trip quilt ~ not sure where I'm going with this one...to make it larger or not?
Thread Head quilt ~ more blocks to finish, piece, etc.
Blue and white log cabin quilt ~ many more blocks yet to make.

Now, I realize this list means nothing to anyone but me, but it will be good for me to see it all written down and to refer to it, in the coming months. When I go to finish any of these, I'll be sure to post a pic of where I'm currently at with the project. I might even add to the list, as there are likely ones I've long forgotten about!

And to get myself started on this, here's a quick pic of the Mod Sampler quilt, which just needs binding done:
Gee, silly this isn't done yet! I even had the binding all ready to put on! Well maybe in the next few days, I'll finish it up!

Thanks Shelly, for getting my New Year off to a great start! Here's hoping we all have super, productive years in our love of sewing and needlework!
Happy New Year, All!
And Happy Birthday, love and best wishes go out to my big brother! ((hugs))

3 comments:

Shelly said...

What a great list! Like you, I'm sure I'll add to mine over the year, but I'd sure like to knock off the ones I remembered to list! Good luck to us all, and Happy New Year to you, too!

Sparkle Jane T said...

That is a worthy list--you'll have a great year working on so many pretty things.

Sparkle Jane T said...

And, I, Deanna, just commented as Sparkle Jane. Again. Sorry about that!