Sunday, December 29, 2013

2013 Final Countdown

Shelly, of Prairie Moon Quilts, is doing a 2013 Final Countdown challenge. She's done this for a few years now, and it's lots of fun! It's a great way to start the New Year off! You can read about it HERE. Please join in!
The first task was to...
Pick the one project of yours that is the closest to being finished and work on it. 

I had some scraps in a baggie that had been lying around for quite some time. I couldn't decide what it was to become...a pincushion or a mug rug? So it sat...

I played around with different ideas, like whether to add the large print to the scrappy piece for a mug rug, whether to bind it like a quilt, and so on...you know how it goes! Then in the spirit of get-er done!, I decided to just make it a simple pincushion.
For the back, I just sewed together some scraps...
It's filled with crushed walnut shells, which I like best for my pincushions. They come in a big bag found at pet stores.
So it's now done and I have a useful pincushion, instead of scraps in a bag!

Now I'm looking forward to the next challenge tomorrow!


   


2 comments:

Shelly said...

This is fantastic! What a great finish! Way to get 'er done!

mimi'sdarlins said...

Good for you, your final project for 2013! You can never have too many pincushions....plus I just love making them to enjoy.
Happy New Year, Karen :)