Saturday, December 28, 2013

Completed Projects in 2013 ~ part 2

Here's a few more projects...
Large Pincushion:

I love the size and weight of this pincushion. I filled it with crushed walnut shells. It's made basically by fussy cutting the center piece and adding the strips around it like a log cabin block. Then I added the binding just like one does with a quilt.

Wall Art:
Now this one, was made largely by my little girl. She loves playing with my scraps and one day started this project. I gave her bits left over from making my Dresden plate blocks and she started laying them out...

She had a very bad cold at the time and was feeling rather blue about missing so much school. This really seemed to lift her spirits! She was so careful doing it. I then took them exactly how she laid them out, and quilted overtop each little panel that she made.
We then had to figure out what to do with them...we decided to piece the blocks together to make a wall quilt, and came up with this:
I machined appliqued her name in the center and bound it like a quilt. It now hangs on her door above the little decals she likes to rearrange all the time.

Lorax pillowcase:
My daughter loved the Lorax movie, so when I found this fabric, I just had to pick it up. It became a pillowcase for her. I made it using this fun video tutorial, found HERE.
Well there is still more to come, but I'll post this for now. I forgot how time-consuming this posting stuff is!
Thanks for dropping by!

1 comment:

mimi'sdarlins said...

I'm so glad you're posting your 2013 completions and including the links. I can just refer to your blog for the tutorials :)
Nice to look back on all you did this past year. I love the little quilt designed by Sarah, I remember when she was working on that.