Saturday, February 1, 2014

my January block report

As part of Shelly's challenge on Prairie Moon Quilts, each month I'll do a post of my progress for the month.


I made a mini bear paw quilt top. This was for Kathleen's challenge of making a small quilt each month from one of her books. You can read about it HERE.  I haven't decided whether to quilt it by hand or by machine, so it sits for now.

Since it's basically four 'paw' blocks, figured it could count as four. Then there is the disappearing pinwheel block I mentioned in my previous post, so guess that makes my monthly grand total of 5...considering some participating in the challenge already have over 100, think I'd better pick up the pace, eh?!
Oh well, at least it's some. I'm sure next month will be better, as I've bought some yummy fabrics from the Jefferson County line of Windham Fabrics, and can't wait to get started on that quilt.
And just for fun, I'll add a pic of my 5 year old's latest card coloring. She made it for friends of ours, that had generously given their old toys to her...think she does a great job of it!


So till next time, happy sewing!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

It's all progress! And seriously -- with a 5-year-old -- how do you get as much done as you do?

mimi'sdarlins said...

I love this mini, Karen! Scrap quilts have always been my favorites. What an adorable card, too, your friends will be so pleased to get this little work of art :)

Heather said...

your mini bear paw quilt is cute. I found it the middle of January and hadn't stitched a block, so had to sit myself down and make a plan. I'm making fabric postcards for my 350 blocks. It will be a challenge, but it will give me the drive to try all the different techniques that I've been intending to try.