Thursday, February 12, 2015

studio organizing, week 6

I'm trying to catch up with Shelly's challenges. So for week 6, the challenge was to:
clean off your cutting table or main work area.

I'm attempting to keep my tables clean, by working in my sewing space each day, even if it's just for 15 minutes. It's helping, so it didn't take too long to clean the surfaces up.

One thing that has really helped me to tidy up quickly, are mini design boards. Here is one of mine:
They are super easy to make, and oh, so useful! You can find the tutorial for them HERE at Bee In My Bonnet. You can lay out small pieces for a block on the board, and move it easily to the sewing machine or to your ironing board.
I need to make more of them, all the same size, so I can stack them, with multiple projects and pieces. They really are great to have!

Now for week 7, Shelly posted it today.  It is to:
learn to use a new tool. 

I do happen to have a ruler that I've never used before:

So now I need to do some reading, to see what I can make with it.
Happy stitching!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with to make with that ruler -- it looks interesting!

mimi'sdarlins said...

You're getting so much done, and your room looks great! I cleaned off my cutting table too, and what a difference it makes. That table certainly is a catch-all :)