Thanks to Shelly's studio organizing challenges, which you can find the list for HERE, I have re-organized a large part of my sewing/craft space. This is what it looks like now:
It does not look much different than other pics I've posted, but much has changed with how things are stored.
It started with the week 22 challenge of cleaning out a fabric bin.
On the black metal shelves to the right of my sewing machine, I had large plastic bins of various shapes and sizes. They held fabrics such as fleece, batting, sheets, drapery fabrics, and clothes for re-purposing. These bins were heavy and hard for me to get off the shelf. So I decided to switch them with Ziploc Space Bags. I love these things! This is fleece fabric that had taken up a whole bin before:
Here is a progress pic, as I was changing out the bins:
For Week 23, it was to revisit a previous task and work on it again.
So I just continued with emptying out all my large bins and sorting and purging fabrics as I went along.
For Week 24, it was to clean out one drawer.
Since I was working on the shelves, I decided to sort through all my stitchery items. They were a big mess in another large bin.
Now week 25, was to work on organizing your magazines or books.
I still need to do this one. My books are fairly well organized, but the magazines need to be sorted.
Week 26, was to make a list.
I made a list of my unfinished projects and found that I had 22. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was.
Week 27, was to organize your UFO's.
This was a good task to get done, as I decided to put them all together on one shelf, where I can see them and it reminds me to get them done!
Week 28, was to fix something that's broken.
This one, I have yet to do as well. I have handles missing on all my sewing desks, so I need to pick new ones and replace them all.
Week 29, was to clean off your cutting table or main work surface.
This is always good to do. My main cutting area is actually two sewing machine desks put together. We got them for $25 each as they were scratched a bit...makes for a great table that can both hold machines and be moved around easily as they are on wheels.
So after all this organizing, my side wall of storage, now looks like this:
By the way, this is just a basement room, so I do have dampness and at times, moths for some reason, to deal with. Again, I know it's not a fancy room, but maybe it might give other's ideas of how to convert such a room into a sewing space. This used to be my hubby's workshop!
Now back to some sewing!
how to finish a shirt with faux flat-felled seams
11 hours ago