Friday, January 15, 2016

pot holders

To go with the apron in my previous post, I made up some pot holders.
 Tutorial used: pretty little pot holder found at Nana Company
What I did differently: instead of the ruffle, I used rick rack.And I hand stitched the binding down on the back instead of by machine.
Where I goofed: the fabrics I used were too thick. Next time I'd be sure to choose lighter weight cottons. And the pieced front I'm not keen on, but I only had scraps to work with.
Will I make it again? Sure. It was a great pattern, clearly explained and easy to follow!

Thanks for dropping by and happy stitching!

1 comment:

mimi'sdarlins said...

Very sweet, and it's a great pattern! I wouldn't have noticed the pieced front if you hadn't mentioned it ;) I like the rickrack trim, quicker than ruffle and just as pretty.